View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdoc View Post
Yes, but as with all class action lawsuits the lawyers get 50-60% of the $$$ OR more.
it's relevant to the discussion but not relevant to the way that MB has managed the issue. what i know about this issue makes me firmly believe MB has done a significant disservice to their customers over this M272 engine failure. it's not like these vehicles were being subjected to reckless use or haphazard maintenance. most of the engines that fail have been dealer serviced since new because they are failing right out of warranty.

putting myself in the shoes of the hapless owner, if i had this issue with a vehicle out of warranty, and MB refused to repair it, i'd sooner have 50% of the repairs paid for than none. it's all well and good for the independent service facilities to laugh about this issue (while they reap the benefits - i have seen this) but that doesn't help the customer who bought the vehicle in good faith. i am guessing MB took a calculated risk and decided not to remediate the engine issue proactively, at the expense of their customer's pocketbooks.

punkinfair