View Single Post
Old 09-11-2002, 07:59 PM
Diesel Power

How bad does this sound?

I decided to go for a drive last night and show the 190Db to some friends in a nearby town. Checked the oil, a tad over the full mark as it was when I brought the car home for the first time. Car runs fine all the way there, then back with a detour to the store for groceries. On the last few miles of the drive, I've since noticed a VERY slight chane in the tone of the engine (more of a very slight nailing sound now, that was very pronounced when starting from a stop), and the oil dropped down to roughly 1/2 way between the full and add marks. Total round trip was about 50 miles. I've been running the car very easy since I bought it as I don't want to mess anything up.

The dipstick on these things appears to also double for additional crankcase ventilation. There was a very large amount of oil film all over everything around the dipstick tube. I believe that this is where all of my "leaking" is coming from as I had numerous places under the car where oil had travelled and then dripped onto the driveway. It drips alot of oil. I cleaned the engine and bay, and the driveway off this morning to clean up the mess. Any thoughts on this?? Thanx in advance.