View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 06:47 PM

Back again...now with oil burning goodness

Hi all. Been a few years. I was here back in 07 hunting cars and ended up with a nice gas burner 300SEL.

SWMBO talked me into buying a new car a couple of years ago since I have a long commute. First time in 15 years and I hate it. I like driving my older cars. I like the adventure of wondering if it will start in the morning. Most importantly I hate making payments.

So long boring details aside I went looking for a new, cheap, DD and my buddy said his mom just got a new car and her old one would be perfect for me.

1985 300D, 171,000 miles. She's the original owner and has all the records. I know the family well and they take good care of their cars. Made me a price I couldn't pass up and I just have to wait a few weeks while she waits for her new car to be ready and it will be all mine.

I hesitate to even mention the price lest I be accused of highway robbery but they set the price and I didn't quibble with it. But there is a reason for the cheap price.....

The winter got the best of her and she kissed a guardrail. Really a shame for such an otherwise beautiful car, but she still runs and drives great and I will have the body straightened out in no time.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have questions but I'll try to search first and keep them to a minimum. I just wanted to re-introduce myself and jump back in the fray.