View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 08:51 AM

What, exactly, is Goldberg's point? That "liberals" are more hypocritical than "conservatives"? That "argument" is ridiculous on its face. There is no correlation. He might as well try to determine whether tall people are more hypocritical than short people. I will hand it to Goldberg, though. He has made a nice career for himself as a professional victim of the evil "liberals."

If Goldberg wasn't allergic to introspection, it might occur to him that the reason many left-wingers speak well of past conservative icons is to illustrate that the current so-called "conservatives" are not conservative at all. Tom Delay, Newt Gingrich, Paul Ryan, and the rest are right-wing, but they are not conservative. They have no intellectual integrity and no respect for the tried and true. So, I say bring back the true conservatives - Goldwater, Reagan, Buckley. I disagree with every syllable they utter, but at least they had core principles.

BTW, what point is Goldberg making with this gem: "...Barack Obama took a Reagan biography with him on his vacation..."? Is that supposed to prove something? Good grief.