View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 05:47 AM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe View Post
I've personally found it both ways.

Needy, insecure women want to control you, and confident, together women that want to control you. Neither type has ever controlled me. Not in this lifetime anyway. Neither type has heard/understood that the relationship takes a vote from both parties. I'm not saying I know better than all women, I just know what does not work for me - and what does work. A person that will not compromise, or communicate is not worth keeping, I have found.

No disrespect meant for anyone, but I am repulsed, (not really amazed) at the numbers of men that let their woman control the relationship, purse strings and all, as if it's their "Mommy." Not a slam, it just doesn't make sense to marry someone, then expect to rely on them to tell you what your job in life is. And keep secrets from them, or vice versa.

Doesn't work that way.

All relationships are different. Some men prefer the woman to make decisions and control the money. Some guys like skinny women, others plump. Redheads, brunettes, blonds whatever. When I see people together I used to think "what does he or she see in her or him?" and tended to pass judgements based on superficial things. Now I see people together and just see people and know that if they are together there is usually some reason that I know nothing about. Whatever works for them is fine by me.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.