View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebreath View Post
got the switch out and did a resistance test on it and got a reading of .4 with switch closed and zero of course with it open.Not sure what the values should test to when closed though.For the moment (starting yesterday) I have been using the gear selector to shift manually when needed.I go up and down a large hill dily and that end seems to working okay.Where on the tranny does the wire(s) go?Is there a way to test the solenoid that it operates? and lastly but most importantly how difficult of a repair is this potentially?
The kickdown solenoid is on the passenger side rear of the tranny. If the wire is chafed or loose it could short to ground whenever the switch is closed. There might be a zip-tie holding it.

I don't have info or a good switch to compare to regarding measurements but I think the switch itself when disconnected should probably be infinite ohms when open (sitting there) and zero ohms when closed (depressed). 0.4 may simply be a poor/dirty probe connection.

Do you go full-throttle a lot? My understanding is that's how the kickdown is supposed to be adjusted. There's a depth adjustment with the threaded collar.