View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Registered Miscreant

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxthe1 View Post
TD is the engine RPM signal and 87K I believe is supposed to be the normally closed (not connected) contact of the relay. Doesn't make much sense for the gasser relay to operate without an RPM input. FWIW, the only material diference I am aware of in the function of the relay is that there is an extra cutout switch on the throttle of the diesel. That said I havn't looked at that diagram in quite a while.

thanks, I wonder if I'm cutting out the extra throttle switch? Here's what the info I've found so far:

GK-/GK+ are compressor speed sensor in and out
87 is the output to the clutch
15 is the power from switched ignition
TD is the engine rpm signal, is this for gas or diesel or both??
The engine speed on my diesel is on GM+
31 is ground
T is temp sensor
KL is the compressor on signal from PBU
87k is kick-down output
VL is full throttle switch

The pin numbers are 1 to 12 with #1 being terminal 31 or the right top end of your list. Pin #2 is GM+. So left to right the numbers are
11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1
12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2,

The gas and diesel relays both share the same pin configuration and labeling except for the following:
The gas relay is missing pins 3 and 6 or TD and 87k.
The gas relay also labels pin 2 as TD which is the correct label for the engine speed sensor which on my diesel is on GM+ which is also pin 2. Wheeew that was a mouthful, makes sense though.

So the only one missing on the gas relay is the 87k kick-down output. What does this actually control, the transmission kick-down? Is it supposed to cut out the compressor on kick-down (that would be input right) or is its supposed to do something else?? From looking at the board it does not seem to be tied into anything, but that's a guess without the schematics.

So far the gas relay works like a charm don't know why if wouldn't work for others as well. If the wiring is different on the gasser then why is my relay working so well in a diesel