View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Das Sturm Uberdoktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathermang View Post
I will bet that you do not even KNOW what the conditions are which might cause the sight glass to indicate ( by still having bubbles ) more refrigerant was needed ( when it is actually full )
Wow. Someone must have peed in your coffee cup this morning.

Quote:
Come on !!! it is an open book test and I will bet you can not even find and tell us what they are.....
Pointeless argument. I have 37°F in the vent. Regardless of who you side with in theory, the results speak for themselves.

Quote:
If you did know them...( very unlikely.... given your defense of ' I have been doing it this way for x number of years and it worked for me ' ) how simple and KIND it would have been to list them when you said that...
I just shared what worked for me. I am sincerely sorry I didn't ask you for your blessing first.

Quote:
Others reading this should keep in mind that the MB AC FSM WARNS against just using the sight glass as the method for filling because it can give erroneous readings...
Hmmmm....Not in the W116 manual, and not in a few other MBZ manuals I have here.

Since you dismiss anything anyone other than yourself states, I will simply direct your attention to he MBZ publication:

Section 85-314 in the W116 CC II Manual States: "Fill until refrigerant flows free of bubbles past the sightglass in the receiver drier..."

Please write to MBUSA and tell them they are wrong.

Quote:
"SO EASY !!! SO SMART AND KIND to others who might not have the background to understand that you are depending on luck instead of what the makers of your car go to the trouble of researching and printing in the instruction manual....
LOL!!!!

The same luck that your local MBZ techs rely on!!! Have you ever worked in a flat-rate shop????

I hope your day gets better....Robert

1978 300SD 'Phil' - 1,315,853 Miles And Counting - 1, 317,885 as of 12/27/2012 - 1,333,000 as of 05/10/2013, 1,337,850 as of July 15, 2013, 1,339,000 as of August 13, 2013

100,000 miles since June 2005 Overhaul - Sold January 25th, 2014 After 1,344,246 Miles & 20 Years of Ownership