View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanksowner View Post
Hey guys

So I went and started up my 300D today and I noticed a tiny bit of oil around the black rubber tube that feeds over to the air filter housing. I randomly decided to check for blowby, and I do see a little. In my opinion, it's not noticeable unless you're really looking for it. I'm wondering if this is anything to fret over? It's going in for A/C service tomorrow, so should I have a compression test implemented while it's in there?
If you barely have only a little blow by I would say that is better than average.

If you had a lot more blow by there is little that can be done with the exception of an Engine overhaul. Consensus is drive your Car and be happy it is running well.

Some things that have worked for some are:
changing the Valve Stem Seals
Soaking the Pistons in Marvel Mystery Oil or something else to loosen sticky Piston Rings (Marvel Mystery oil results sticky rings
Original thread also has + response http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=258757&highlight=Marvel )

Some have said using Synthetic Oil freed up their sticky Piston Rings after driving 200-300 miles.

But, your Engine sounds like it needs none of the above stuff.

I have changed my Valve Stem Seals and done the Marvel Mystery Oil soak and have not seen any noticeable difference in my Blow by; not any better.

One of the main reasons I did the below because I was tired of the blow by Oil condensing in my Air Filter Housing and the U-intake Tube.
Even with the mod I still have a little wetness from Oil when I check it every 6 months in the Intake but at least it stays away from the Air Filter element.

Washable Air Filter and Intake Mod , With Larger Breather
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=280376