View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 03:45 PM

well, i thought i would do a fallow up like I said.

car is now fixed and it was pretty easy.

I did in fact take the car to the dealer so they can read codes. service adviser told me codes came up for shift lever module, brake light switch, and the conductor plate inside the belly of the transmission.

they then reset the codes and the only thing that showed now was shift lever module. 1300$ from dealer!! so I shopped around online and let me tell you.. the shift lever module is a anti theft part.. so I would have to be there in person with the title of the car to buy this part. I actually got the run around buying one, it never shipped. I called over and over again and was put on hold and they said they would call me back for a week!.. eventually I found another shop online and paid 500 for it. I left my car at dealer for almost 3 weeks and they were fine with it. I picked up my car.. drove it 1 block from dealer in 1st-2nd gear. pulled into a parking lot and swapped it out in 20min, and vuala. it feels like I just bought the car all over again.

while the car was at teh dealer, I did have them install new brake switch for 145$ to compensate for the cost of the star diagnostic test.

now I am fighting the dealer so they can refund me another 145$ they charged me for unautherized work done, they went ahead and put a new shifter bushing on my lever! which does not make any sense cause the new shift lever module came with one!

hope this helps some of you guys out..

next I will be replacing the trans conductor plate.. I think they are 150$, might as well... right?