View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 10:51 AM

We would make every effort to return someone elses property. What is others property is not ours. We have no wish to take anyone elses property. This does not make us good people just the way it is. Actually we have done this several times already over the years. I truthfully believe all our children and grandchildren would as well.

I could not sleep nights well otherwise. If any costs where really incured other than a few dollars we would ask that. A reward for honesty or whatever is not required nor desired. There is simply right and wrong.

Also a few hundred dollars might be really important to them. The effort of replacing all the paperwork is a real pain in the ass as well. Anyone that would purposly not return a purse wallet or whatever should have a real good look in the mirror at themselves. There is something wrong. No we are not religious either.It is simply what a functional individual should do.

I also understand your ideal of giving them something Tom. I would try to if the situation was simular. Do not be suprised if it is declined though.

There are no gray areas in a situation like this in my mind.I would hope that at least fifty percent or more of the population would do likewise. Yet would not hold my breath to expect that average. Perhaps I am just becoming a little cynical with age..