View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Posting since Jan 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmash View Post
I think there are instances where the market can be too slow. Conservation is one of those areas. Seems that the 'need' for an efficient car only appears when the fuel cost are high. When fuel was hitting $5 a gallon, all of a sudden people wanted efficient transportation. We need the transportation now, not when it is already to late. We need to be proactive, not reactive. Fixing the levies in Louisiana after the hurricane hit will not help the situation that already happened.

I would have rather seen the government offer a prize for the first company to build a car to 'x' specifications rather than a fund a specific company. Offering a prize will spur competition and a better product in the end. We do need to do something to break this oil addiction.

Now a PRIZE is something I can buy in on. That's what got Lindbergh to fly the Atlantic which was a huge boost for aviation. That makes MUCH more sense than the government risking MY tax money and YOURS and sticking their noses in the free markets.

Annoy a Liberal, Read the Constitution