View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 03:33 PM
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryBible View Post
If we were talking about something like a flight to Mars where technology must be INVENTED then okay it might involve a government program. In the case of an electric car or solar panels, the technology EXISTS. It's about PRODUCTION.

GM made an electric car and it has been a flop. Indirectly some of our tax money has been pi$$ed away on that. Now you guys want to give Mr. Green Jeans money to PRODUCE it in another country. Stop & think about this. Even if you think it's a good idea to pump MY tax money into this, do you REALLY think it's wise to pump the money into it when it would, IF successful, produce jobs IN ANOTHER COUNTRY?

Come on guys! Put on your thinking caps here. I thought we were needing jobs in THIS country.
The technology "exists" but it isn't viable in the market yet so the $$$ isn't coming in. The challenge is to develop the technology and the production of such so that the cost of ownership is attainable by the average homeowner. Venture capitalists take on a lot of that burden though
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth