View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 04:55 PM

The values of a few years ago may not be as common since the general turndown of the economy. For awhile there prices seemed really depressed to what they once where.

Supply of decent cars of this vintage are becoming less at the same time. Basically pay what you feel comforatable with.

It is also not unusual to pay a little more than the going price for something you want in life. The prices on cars this old are not exactly written in stone either.

Try to remember you will probably still find things on this car you want to address or they will come with use. As for records they are seldom complete and should go back to when the car was new. Partial records are better than none of course but not particularily worth the same.

Original records are about the only way to tell the total milage accumulated over the years if the records are consistant enough. These cars where so easy to spin the odometers back when fairly new many got done to increase the resale value. Combine this with broken odometers left for a period of time plus used offshore cars brought in getting new speedometers showing basically no milage it is quite a crap shoot.

I have always figured with reasonable care the original drivers seat should still look pretty new up to 250k or so.

Your current issue in my mind is. Does he think he has a gold mine on his hands? Or is more realistic? Until you get some indication of what he is thinking there is not much point in speculation. Procastinate too much and it may also slip through your hands.

Two things that did elevate the value in my opinion was that the compressor was replaced and the air conditioning is both working and in decent condition. Plus the tires sound pretty new.

I think you are right about not wanting to insult him. On the otherhand him claiming he does not know what he wants might just be a fishing expedition to attempt to establish some form of value. He would not be the first guy to do that.

Last edited by barry123400; 11-14-2011 at 05:17 PM.