View Single Post
Old 10-29-2002, 02:42 PM
redhdeight

well. i replaced the entire monovalve and i still have no heat. i get cold air when the "ec" button is pushed and the temp wheel is set to "max". it is also cold when the defrost button is pushed. there is power to the monovalve (the connection is not bad) and since it is all new the solonoid is working as it should, but this obviously wasn't the problem. the hoses coming from the monovalve were all cold after i drove around for 15 minutes hoping that warm air would blow through the vents. should they all be warm?? my temp gauge sits just below 100 degrees celcius when the car is fully warmed. where is the auxillary water pump located? how will i know if it's not working and what would need to be disconnected? i replaced the hose that goes from the block to the heater core so i know there is no blockage there. this hose is warm everywhere except for the few inches right before it goes into the heater core. the little hose that is connected to the monovalve that comes out towards the battery is not blocked either- i checked it when i replaced the monovalve last night. the other 3 hoses have not been fully checked for blockages. but as i said none of these 3 are warm. i've spent $150 replacing something that probably was working fine- this is just so frustrating. i'm just dreading that the heater core is bad. please let me what you guys think about all this. thanks.

nick