View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Ramah is in Israel ;-)

94 E320 W124 No Oil Pressure at idle

Last night noticed oil pressure was 0 when stopped, but just revving the engine and normal driving its 3 bars.

Pulled over, looked underneath and there is a hose loop hanging down in the rear engine or transmission area aft of the engine tray/cover.

Engine runs/idles perfect. I've been plagued with this (see my last thread - M104 Rear Main Seal leak? )

Very discouraged, because I got this car for its reliability and safety. I'm retired vet and going on my 3rd year of unemployment sans a couple of consulting gigs, so we're broke. I'm HORRIFIED this is going to be expensive. This is our ONLY transportation, as my Truck rear end went out 2 weeks ago.

Sorry for the whining : (

Plan to ramp/jack it up and get under it today or tomorrow to see what there is to see, but as my last post states with oil problems like this I feel like these repairs are out of my league. I am willing to try and pull the transmission to inspect the rear main and front trans pump seals.

Is my Oil pump going bad also?

With only 168,000 miles I didn't think these kind if issues would happen.

1994 E320 W124/104 with 168,000 miles. Head Gasket and Wiring Harness replaced by last owner. Purchased at 145,000 miles, car had 80% complete maint records. Keep oil/filter changed. Last nights temp was 31F. Live in the greater Atlanta area (Dawsonville). Running 5W30 oil.
'87 190E ~ Thurmond III
'84 944 ~ Schrickelgruber
'86 535i ~ Joerg