View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 04:08 PM
W123 Obsessed

Trying to Dismantle a Euro 3 Piece Bumper

title says it all, trying to take apart a rear euro 3 piece bumper for the w123. specifically trying to remove the huge bar that attaches to both the bumper and the car so i can swap in a trailer hitch set up. anyone have any pointers?

see attached photos, there appears to be 4 total direct bolts into the actual bar hidden behind the rubber strip. however, they just seem to spin and spin and haven't actually loosened any part of the bumper. hesitating to remove the other 4 bolts that hold the three pieces together as i don't want to mess up the configuration. will it be obvious to me if i first remove the two corner pieces?

i'm afraid that my center bar is welded into the bumper shell. thanks for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Trying to Dismantle a Euro 3 Piece Bumper-bumper1.jpg   Trying to Dismantle a Euro 3 Piece Bumper-bumper2.jpg   Trying to Dismantle a Euro 3 Piece Bumper-bumper3.jpg   Trying to Dismantle a Euro 3 Piece Bumper-bumper4.jpg