View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 08:40 PM

I bought the el paso, about $189 off of Ebay. It's the Baum tool compressor and says the name right on it and was shipped directly from Baum Tools. To clarify, I don't believe Baum tools sells an actual Klann brand name as mentioned above. If they do, this one I have is not the real McCoy - Klann original made in Germany unit. However, these are the clone and you can buy it for $600 advertized as a baum in various places or you can buy the same thing (actual Baum unit, same one) for <$200 shipped. I haven't actually had to use it yet but I am very happy with the quality and would buy it again without hesitation. I had a post on this a few months ago and got alot of good advice on the El Paso unit. The only caveat is the unit has a slightly larger center rod/screw piece than the Klann and I think the W123 LCA that you will insert through requires a small amount of grinding to fit the tool through. Search on the Klann clones, it is well covered here and I don't think any big deal that a dremel tool can't take care of. Some purists may have an issue with that but not me. I have a W124 anyway so it really doesn't matter to me but just beware. Let us know what you decide.