View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Not so amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnorke View Post
Can someone recommend where to purchase this fuse block and where I might get "good" cooper/ceramic fuses? The dealer says they can't get this fuse block anymore.
No need to buy a new fuse block. If you scroll down the main page of this site you'll see a subforum titled "Used Mercedes Parts for Sale and Wanted." Just put a "WTB" (want to buy) ad there and I'm sure you'll get some responses. I got my fuses from eBay... there are several vendors. Before you install it, take some light sandpaper to all the terminals to ensure they aren't tarnished (this will depend on where the used part comes from).

Or if you have a pick n'pull close by, it isn't a hard item to remove yourself.

Quote:
Also, does anyone have any recommendations on a better alternator than the stock one?
Do a search for "SAAB alternator" and you'll find threads on easily adapting a higher-output one that was used on some SAAB models.

Quote:
If I want brighter headlights, would an improved alternator and upgrades head lights be the way to go?
If you want is brighter headlamps, you can upgrade without changing the alternator -- to H4-spec lamps (either round ones that fit the original openings, or one of two european styles that are a bit more work). The round ones are available from sellers on eBay or from Daniel Stern Lighting (do a Google Search). The ones Daniel sells will be much higher quality than most of them on eBay -- the difference being the quality of the lenses and reflectors.

Mac
2002 e320 4matic estate│1985 300d│1980 300td
Previous: 1979 & 1982 & 1983 300sd │ 1982 240d

“Let's take a drive into the middle of nowhere with a packet of Marlboro lights and talk about our lives.” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22