View Single Post
Old 11-07-2002, 03:12 PM
Unbanned...?

I recommend pulling the dash, and repairing/replacing ALL of the pods. George's kits are cheap and a whole new element still isn't that pricey. Do the job once, do it properly, and you will never need to worry about it again (ok, at least for another 10+ years.) Figure $30-$40 to repair, or ~$100 tops to replace everything.

That said, I have looked at mine and don't know how anyone - even with little hands - could do it with the dash in place. My hat's off to LRG for managing this feat. I've done this job on two W124's, the second time it only took me 5 hours start to finish, and that was replacing ALL of them. I posted detailed instructions on this forum about a year ago. I need to do my other 124 (probably in a few weeks), and also need to do my 123. I'll be timing the project and taking photos too.

For either, I wouldn't attempt it without the factory manual in hand. On the 124 I found a few shortcuts - steps that could be eliminated from the factory procedure (i.e., you don't need to pull the heater core like it says you do.) Hopefully I can speed up the 123 process as well. It will be nice to have fully operational ACC once again...! Like Jim said, it's not that difficult, just tedious.

Regards,

Check out my website photos, documents, and movies!