View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeTree300SD View Post
Ok, it's clear that in reading the response by TnBob and by the way, thank you, I don't have a clue what this all means. Thought I might go to Sears or Lowes and pickup a meter and maybe then some of this will make more sense. Are those Cenn-Tech units from Harbor Freight? I'd like to do some more work on this tomorrow. Thanks again for the input. I was definitely feeling lost in space today but maybe a few tests can bring me back!
Meters aren't too difficult. You'll rarely try to read current in cars, mostly voltage and continuity. But you do have to respect electricity or you'll end up trying to weld your test lead to your car or your battery at some point. That's never happened to me...

If in doubt, post a pic of the controls of whatever meter you buy, and someone will chime in with settings and lead connections.

I went to the posted startek site. Fuse 12 in your car is busy.

I'd disconnect the cruise completely, possibly unplug the turn signal relay, and look under the hood for chafing or loose wires. There are a few more pages of gauge connections, but I think the pdf covers the likely culprits for your car.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 83 300SD fuse 12.pdf (478.1 KB, 120 views)