View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:37 PM
User Especial

Just laughing at the "Federales" comments. If you regularly added a qt of ATF to your fuel as lubricity additive, or even MMO (Marvel mystery oil), both of which are RED, that would easily explain why your fuel was red in appearance (like off-road diesel). Anyone know if the police can test fuel for the specific die used for off-road diesel?

I have driven through road blocks, been stopped for a light being out, and strangely enough stopped for speeding, all in my 300TD. So either I am really lucky to have never had my fuel inspected, or this just isnt regular practice for law enforcement.

There is much "wives tale" and "Voodoo" around alternative fuels usage in MB diesels. FYI: we are just as likely to get a load of crap from an old diesel tank at a fuel station that doesnt sell much D2, and/or doesnt maintain their equipment.

Some of my friends sample fuel on a regular basis and avoid stations that produce failing marks. (You might say they obsess over fuel quality, but you have to have a hobby).
98 E300D *sold
86 300SDL *sold and made flawless 10 hour journey to new home.