View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 03:05 AM
davidlee

I definitely would not let it get scrapped. AKA "Donated" I am the owner of a 87 300D more importantly a "OM603" car as you are and as were most of the people commenting on this. Now i'm not saying that your car is worth much more than scrap in its state maybe a little more, but If you have owned a OM60xxxxx engined car, then you know the sense of pride you feel when you command one down the road. If you decide to let it go Im sure someone in your area is dying to fix one of those cars up and drive it. but make sure to get a second opinion of damage assessed before giving up. that car is at full depreciation and once road worthy again will hold its value for years to come.

If you have a hard time finding a cost conscience shop for your car, I have a friend that works at Mercedes of San Diego and he might know of a shop in that area that might not gouge you as bad. others on this site might know of a good shop down in that area too. You could start a new thread Im sure it would get lots of response.

There is a reason these OM60xx cars are horded by the people who know.

Last edited by davidlee; 04-05-2012 at 03:18 AM.