View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 06:57 PM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
The car looks fantastic, I love the look of that color with dark window tint, I think it really makes the car look good and I'm sure helps keep the interior cooler to boot!
the color on his car is not one I've seen before, it's not the typical Ivory, it's got a more vanilla hue. the car REALLY stands out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
I have to ask, what was your process for cleaning the radiator and condensor? I have a feeling I need to do the same now that summer is approaching, lots of dusty open highway and bugs have probably sapped a few % of my system's capacity just in gunk. I've cleaned it with a little water in the past, but it doesn't look nearly as nice as yours.
In NM, I DEFINITELY recommend this treatment! and verify your aux fan works, and make sure you have good fresh charge of R12 like I put in his car!
My process for cleaning the two radiators, (a/c and Coolant) were first to pull the aux fan, and the right side bar, then drain the coolant, and disconnect the transmission cooler. I set the radiator next to a tree, and soaked it in a non acid coil cleaning bath, then sprayed the same chemical on the condenser. both foamed up nicely, and after it pushed all the dirt off the coils, I rinsed with a good solid amount of water. I then pulled the block drain, and flushed the cooling system with the hose, through the heater core, then I blew out the heater core with compressed air, and when the block stopped spitting water, I put the plug back in and flushed and back flushed the coolant passages of the radiator. reassembled everything and filled with a nice mix of Zerex G05 and distilled water.

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!