View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 10:46 AM
dieselarchitect

Class of 67.

We had 173 in ours IIRC.

Due to the format we did not really get much information about who has died off since the last reunion..... but a few looked as if they will be lucky to make another five years!

One fellow who looks pretty youthful I heard has had three heart attacks in the last year or so.

yikes!

The two best athletes from our class were there and both looked pretty fit. The one fellow is probably about the same weight as high school but hair is white. He still holds the one season record for scoring in basket ball and in 67 there was no 3 point shot. He went to university of Washington in Seattle on full scholarship. he said one game when he was a freshman there he got hot and scored 52 points....still no three point shots. Being about 5'-9 and 150# many of them would have been three pointers. I doubt many school records in bball scoring remain from before the 3 point shot. perhaps Lebanon IN (home of Rick Mount).

The other fellow still holds the single season record for rushing in football. He looks to be near the same weight in high school as well. He was also very strong in Track, long jumped over 24' and could have defeated many of our typical opponents by himself, probably.

Still, a good time.

The gals all wanted to trim my eyebrows (I sort of resemble the Wizard of OZ in the in the eyebrow department). My Mrs. told them we just trimmed them!
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.