View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 PM

Traffic and idiotic driving.

I swear I'm going to loose it someday. Just totally off the rails one of these days.

I really tired of being honked at when I decide that it's safer to wait on cross traffic than to rip out onto the street in front of everybody.

Sorry, had to vent. Better now.

There is a 'T' junction in my neighborhood. Drivers rarely stop there. Many just blow through it when making a right turn. Others when making a left of the straight will nearly clip the apex of the opposite curb at speed. I have to make a left at this junction on my way home, so for sanity and safety's sake, I come to a full stop, look left, look right, look left, and then if all is clear, I will go.

Today the way was not clear, there was traffic from the left, erratic traffic, non-signaling traffic. Now, if they are driving erratically, I am content to wait. The right-turn signal comes on at the last second, and there is a right-turn signaling car behind that. Well, I guess my caution tried tried the patience of the PlayStation generation driver behind me, because they honked at me before the other cars even signaled.

I must apologize, but I still have yet to master the art of clairvoyance. I really believe that, even if I do, the difficulties or reading most peoples' minds will still prove elusive, due to either their impulsiveness or vapidity.

Oh well, life goes on...

It's a car not a science experiment! Open the throttle!