View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 10:18 PM

I'll start getting my arduino kit out and work something out on a breadboard and go from there. I actually made a arduino powered thermostat that would make a graph of interior temperature and compressor activity so I can set the temp to something reasonable to prevent the AC from running all day and night (AC systems are most efficient when they cycle instead of straining to reach some absurd temperature only possible at the coolest part of the day).

So this should be pretty fun.

I hadn't thought of the VGT controller idea. My idea was to electonically replace the ALDA system with a strong servo to act like the ALDA valve, and to allow adjustments to make more or less fuel (in a function) in response to turbo output, but my ALDA system seems to function OK now.

At the end of this, i'll open source it as a very inexpensive kit (or DIY with instructions) to allow others to get this running. At the same time, i'm setting up a small CNC milling machine to mill circuit boards so I can cut my own custom boards without having to use acid.

Current:
*1984 300D ~200K,1989 MR2 250K, 2012 Ford Fusion 4.5K (fiance's car to replace the uber-unsafe cavalier)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Past: 1998 Chevy Cavalier ,2005 Saab 9-3 2.0T, 1996 Mazda Protege, 1974 Porsche 914 2.0, 1997 Land Rover Discovery 4.0L/5Speed, 1995 Jeep Wrangler