View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:36 PM
davidlee

Having a couple Issues with my 99 ML, not getting any rsponce in that forum

First the headlamp and trun signal switch shares the same column stock, unlike the sedans that are on the dash, when I turn my right turn signal on the headlights cut out, Im guessing the turn signal stock on the column is getting worn out, the ML has 180K on it and that same stock controls the headlamps also, The part New from Mercedes is about $220 which isnt the end of the world but it is a special order (no returns) plus I called the Wrecking yards around and that part is scarce which tells me it is a popular part, plus the wrecking yards want $130, and for only $90 more New sounds pretty good, I was just looking for some feed back about that being the part that very possibly needs replacing, or does some one else know what my problem is?

The other issue is my power locks, they seem to have a mind of their own, as I am traveling down the road the door locks will start locking and unlocking or will try to re lock themselves after it is already locked, while this is going on, the power lock switch on the center console seems to be inop.
Also sometimes when you unlock to door with the key the flashers will start flashing, and I have to get back out of the car and turn the key in the door one more time to get them to shut off, are both these symptoms caused by one thing or am I dealing with 2 diff. problems?

Thanks for any feed back

07 E350 sport Wife's Daily
01 E320 sport My Daily
00 C230 Kompressor Our back up (new Arrival)

87 300D Turbo my Daily for 8 yrs. Selling to neighbor

82 GMC Jimmy (K5) 6.2 Diesel (my Wheeler)
73 Roadrunner 340ci My very first car, still own it