View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Control Freak

You want to emulate the factory door lock/unlock switches that are in each door. (As shown on the left side of the Honda ETM.) When you or your passenger pushes the door mounted lock/unlock switch (the rocker switch, not the mechanical locking device), you are applying ground to the orange wire to unlock or the black/white wire to lock.
This is different than the way Mercedes does it, they have a single wire that either gets +12 (lock) or ground (unlock).

Here is how to hook it up for your Honda according to the ETM drawing you provided.

China module wire color-------> Car lock controller module wire color
red (+12V receiver power)-----> white (fused 12 V supply)
black (receiver logic ground)--> black (car ground)
white (lock relay COM)--------> black (car ground)
wh/blk (unlock rly COM)-------> black (car ground)
yellow (lock relay NO)---------> blk/wht (lock command input)
yel/blk (unlock rly NO)---------> orange (unlock command input)

All other wires off the China module should be separately insulated and stored. Or you can do like Compu85 and remove them from the connector totally.

If you can't get enough room for all the wire splices at the module, then just tap the blk/wht and orange wires at the module.

You can get power from the fuse block. Honda fuse blocks have several 1/4" quick disconnect terminals available. One or more of these will be hot all the time, which is what you want for the receiver power. Keep the inline fuse that should be in the red wire from the China box. However I would change it from a 15 or 20 down to something like a 3 or 5. You are not providing any power out of the other outputs on the box, so lowering the fuse size will greatly increase safety.

The ground wires can go to a convenient bolt on the chassis. Use an appropriate sized ring terminal.

Also do not clip the "pneumatic" jumper for a Honda. It only needs the short pulse to work properly.

If you want some more help with hooking up the trunk pop (assuming the trunk pop on a 97 is electric, I had several Hondas from the 80s and 90s, and they were all mechanical), or direction light flash then feel free to pm.
2013 E350 Bluetec (my DD)

both my kids cars went to junkyard in 2023
2008 ML320 CDI (Older son’s DD) fatal transmission failure, water soaked/fried rear SAM, numerous other issues, just too far gone to save (165k miles)
2008 E320 Bluetec (Younger son's DD) injector failed open and diluted oil with diesel, spun main bearings (240k miles)

1998 E300DT sold to TimFreeh
1987 300TD sold to vstech