View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaticedge View Post
If you have a large enough vehicle, uhaul flatbed trailer. Eliminates the worry of towing it flat with a tow bar and you'd be moving it so you can do it carefully if you have the time/patience
I have done this on numerous occasions with great results. Never seen anything I couldn't move with one. The rent for a day is not bad. Look the trailer over pretty good when you pick it up. Never had any problem but have heard others got charged for pre-existing damage.

You might have to lie about what you are moving, they have limits. Say it is for a 1968 Mustang or some very typical car like that.

You might have to lie about your tow vehicle. Say you are using one vehicle to pick up the trailer and another to tow if needed. 3/4 ton pickup is a good story.

You might have to put blocks under the ramps to clear the bottom of the car. It is worse if car has flat tires.

You might need a come along or winch to load and unload.

I have my own trailer and winch too. The winch is mounted via a receiver type hitch so I can use it on a vehicle also. We are not always in the same town but uhaul is always close by.