View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney View Post
i bought this car around may of last year and have put about 15,000 - 16,000 miles on it

i got a good deal on it and there were some small things i have repaired, it is in almost perfect shape now, waiting on a couple more parts to get here

the shop that checked it out missed the control arm bushings needing to be replaced but that was about it

i had those done and the ball joints, i was not happy with the ride so did new shocks
water pump went out a few thousand miles ago

a couple of hoses, like power steering and trans were leaking and were replaced

maf code came up 6000-7000 miles ago and i cleaned it and so far so good

did the egr delete

battery was weak so i did that

had a caliper sticking, replaced that

1 door actuator quit in the cold, replaced that

pretty much minor stuff

i have been super happy with the car, am getting 35-36mpg with about 60% highway and 40% in town
i run 5%-20% biodiesel and the car seems to really like that and run well

i have an excellent mechanic that knows these cars in and out, anyone in tucson, az needing a mechanic i cannot say enough good things about rick at monsoon automotive, he worked for mercedes for 14 years and opened his own shop a while back
he has been great to me and REALLY knows mercedes

i am so impressed with the build on these cars i am buying a second one in the next couple of months, looking for a 2006 e320 cdi

i would drive this car across the country tomorrow, it has been very dependable for me and great mileage for a car this size
I enjoyed reading the excellent feedback AND the astute attention to detail you have regarding your newly acquired '99 E300TD!

I believe they're wonderful cars too!

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 02-25-2013 at 07:47 PM.