View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltedpanda View Post
oh its polished and waxed - 3 step mequiers this past weekend -6 hours haha

questions of the day
I know where the cabin filter is but the manual refers to a charchol filter - location?

and

Key fob - this massive unit - I think I understand how they work. Pretty reliable , Scary to think you cant ssart your car if the key cant talk to the computer in the car.... I travel a lot and just thinking out loud - thoughts , real life experiences?
MP,
I use the WIZARDS car care product line since none of their products use petroleum distillates that put off fumes that bother my lungs, unlike Mequiar's oily stuff! 3 steps?! No way - I use WIZARDS Mist N Shine pics below. Simply wash/chamois car, then spray n wipe == glossy finish. ONE step!

WIZARDS MIST N SHINE - ONE-STEP CAR PAINT FINISH PICS BELOW:

Of the two key fobs my car came with, I exclusively have used just one of them, storing the second in my home. The original fob's battery is still working well after 14 years, but the unused one's battery does not have power. Have you located the black lightweight fob called the valet key fob, that should have come with the car? I use it when I fly as I leave the electronic fob in the trunk at the park and fly lot - presumably for my heirs to find, if the plane goes down. (Always thinking ahead here)

KEY FOB pics below including "valet" key FOB....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyuhn View Post
I've not changed the charcoal filter in a 210 but understand it is buried quite deep in the dash and is not a lot of fun to change out. Given that it is not normally in the airflow path there isn't much value in swapping it.

The key will start the car even if the battery in it dies. The battery powers only the remote lock/unlock function.
I've not changed the charcoal filter on my '99 either. However, I've never used the charcoal filter while driving, because I always want to preserve it for future use - in hindsight I should flip it on while in heavy urban traffic esp. in the summertime.

@ 100K miles, I have changed out the HVAC cabin MB filters. The twin, side-by-side fabric air filters located behind and under the glove box that you just pull out, after unscrewing 4 or so screws, to access. You have to pull out the glove box like you're stealing it! Ha! I thought I was going to hurt my car, but the glove box is 'wedged' into the cavity, and really needs a pull to get it out to access the air filters located on a tray.
Attached Thumbnails
1999 E320 questions-getattachment-detail-3.jpg   1999 E320 questions-getattachment-detail-2-turn.jpg   1999 E320 questions-getattachment-detail-1-turn.jpg   1999 E320 questions-getattachment-fob-2.jpg   1999 E320 questions-getattachment-fob-1.jpg  

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 02-26-2013 at 12:53 PM.