View Single Post
Old 03-20-2000, 11:12 PM
Deezel

David,

You are the man!!! I think you steered me in the right direction. I removed the reservoir and confirmed that the back compartment is nearly impossible to determine the fullness. It does fill very slowly, so I will work on the transfer passage tomorrow in better light and attitude. I also removed the master cylinder as well and put the reservoir back on to cycle it manually. Seems like the first full pumps suck it dry followed by air and the small amount of fluid that back fills the campartment. Exactly what I was mysteriously seeing at the back caliper.

Concerning pressure bleeding, I was going to pick up an extra reservoir cap and mount a tire stem in it and then attach my kids bicycle pump to it. It has a gage and everything! It sure beats a $100 store bought unit that won't even pump up a tire! I'll let you all know how it turns out!

David, thanks for the comments on the trap oxidizer. I agree, but when Benzmac said they always replace the turbo, I had to ask! I guess he was referring to failed units.

Best Regards,

------------------
Deezel
87 300TDT
150,000 miles