View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:58 AM
User title not in use

-Document the miles
-But the original rims on
-Take many more pictures; maybe even a video. I am hoping to buy a 300SD soon, and the seller, (tbomachines), has taken pictures like this and a video like this. You should do at least as much.
-If you can't prove the mileage, at least pull compression numbers -- if the mileage is accurate, these should be above 400 PSI (in my opinion).
-Fix the cruise control

What a stunning car, though! If you can do all of the above, and everything is as good as an authentic 60,000 mile should be, I would say that, sold through the right network, this car could fetch $10,000 to $20,000. You might be waiting around for a while for the right buyer, though. Maintenance history is key, because the odometers in these cars are very, very easy to turn back.

Also, when you take pictures, make sure to have the car clean & waxed and the interior empty, vacuumed, and washed. It's stunning how many people put up a dirty car when pulling out the hose, vacuum, and trashcan for an hour to 2 hours would get the car to fetch much more much faster.
"Senior Luna, your sense of humor is still loco... but we love it, anyway." -rickymay ____ "Your sense of humor is still loco... " -MBeige ____ "Señor Luna, your sense of humor is quite järjetön" -Delibes

1982 300SD -- 211k, Texas car, tranny issues ____ 1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."