View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 05:22 PM
diesel enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by daw_two View Post
Fuel Tank that is. It's amazing how much room is in the back of a w123 when the fuel tank is out. I discovered a little bit of rust on the "new" fuel tank under the rubber pieces, so I treated it with a rust converter and spray painted it with primer.

I'm ready to re-install as soon as the two rubber boots come from this forum sponsor.
UGH --- got an email yesterday after 5pm from Pelican Parts that the 2 rubber boots I ordered on April 8th are NLA --- glad I didn't throw out the "slightly used" (sarcastic comment) existing rubber boots. I've been waiting for these to put the fuel tank back in and of course, the fuel tank needs to be done before the AC, so I can turn the car around.

I was NOT a happy camper when I read the email yesterday. <-- not really this mad, but I hope you understand. Of course, the fuel strainer rubber O-ring was also suppose to come in that order. And PP is waiting on my to respond; guess I will cancel that part of my order and re-use the existing O-ring on the fuel strainer, too.

Links:
Sold last car --- 05/2012 1984 300D Light Ivory, Red interior
Cluster Needles Paint
New Old Stock (NOS) parts

Past:
3/2008 1986 300SDL "Coda"
04/2010 1965 190D(c) "Ben"
& many more