View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 03:14 PM

Andrew, that was pretty much the mechanic's reaction to his assistant, but just verbally. The guy is new, his old assistant moved to NC and was brilliant, this guy has some learning to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
I have one of these 12 Volt Harbor Freight Impact Wrenches in each of My Vehicles and a couple extra.
The work almost as good as a Pneumatic Impact Wrench.

Different versions of the same are sold at other places.

They are made mainly for Tire Changing but as I said can nearly replace a Pneumatic Impact Wrench.

I bet you could use it to remove the Wheel Lug Bolts. If some Bolts break it is likely what is left of the Bolt in the Hub would be loose enough to back out.
We tried a air impact wrench and they wouldn't come out. The one that broke broke when my mechanic tried to remove them with his impact wrench (which was about twice the size of mine) and resorted to making a 8 ft long breaker bar. As far as I know, they are still in there pretty tight. They are flush mount vs the regular short type (I have W202 rims), which is probably why they broke under the torque. I'm really hoping my hubs are not damaged.