Thread: 500SL EURO
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo(s) View Post
Thanks for the comments Tyler. Yes by all means provide me with the German flipper's contact. Now to answer your comments: The 500SL has 49,128 documented miles backed by all receipts, registration papers, new sales invoice, etc. Cams are brand new shiny. Dry as a bone everywhere: no rear main seal, transmission, heads, valve covers, etc. leaks. Hardly discernible slight oil sweat from the oil filter seal. The color of the oil is always clean amber even after the car is driven which indicates no oil sludge built up and is in accordance with the low mileage. Maintenance expenses minimal: records file show MB main dealer stealership general maintenance receipt at 47,000 miles of $1,000 +. nothing major; most cost replacement was ignition electronic computer, and other sundry small maintenance. When I got the car as a preventive maintenance (not needed) I drained the gas tank (fuel was clean) put in new filter, fuel pump, accumulator and fuel hose. At present nothing is needed. Black leather, convertible top, carpets are original and in as new condition. Perspectives on price based on:
(1) There is 39K miles 107 in Germany with a price of $60,000 dollars. (2) Prices of older Pagodas 230-250-280 SL are now in the $60-$100K range and since this is the last of the "Pagoda" style roof is predicted by MB Heritage to be next on the appreciation scale. (3) There were @ 1,800 500SL's built in 1983 and none officially imported by MB to the U.S. (4) As demonstrated by the Barret Jackson auction prices this 500SL euro has high profitability potential.
Good luck with your cars sale, although equating the 107 with the earlier model is not realistic, and as Tyler pointed out there seems to be no rhyme or reason to some final sales price agreements. I hope you find your buyer at that price.