View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 05:23 PM

i need new ones because i had to remove the old to repaint the door jams. They came out in many pieces, sadly.

i just had a brain storm today and i think i figured out a solution. At least for now.

Seeing that the 300td is essentially a 300d with a larger cabin, most everything below the window lines is the same on both cars. After doing some measurements i have come to the conclusion that the rear doors of the 300td and the 300d are identical except for the top rear corner. in this area the 300td requires more seal to accommodate a more square door.

so essentially, my plan is to buy a set of cheap Uro seals for a 300d and install them on the 300td. The seals should fit about 80% of the door. i am planning on splitting the seal on the rear edge , above the window line, and glueing in a piece of generic weather stripping that is readily available at my local upholstery shop. i have used this weather stripping to fix seals on my 240 before so i know it is a decent substitute.

if my measurements are correct this should be very simple DIY/mod. it will also save me a couple hundred bucks.

I will take pictures of the process and let you all know how it turns out.

"Canary Mercedes
Crawlin' like a baby
Drank got me lazy
Iced out, Feelin crazy"