View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 10:59 PM

I am the seller of the w124 conversion kit purchased above. All shocks are tested prior to shipping and the buyer most likely blew out one of the air bellows b/c of improper installation. I recommended that he get these exchanged by the manufacturer which he did not reply after that. In addition, I recommend that the factory springs are always replaced in pairs because the factory springs are very weak and many are worn with age/mileage.

I have sold a good number of kits since I came out with them over a year ago. I have not one complaint from any buyer because the kits did not perform handling or load capability wise vs. the oem sls system. I tested the kit on my own vehicle for months prior to the kits release. For all who are curious, I wanted to go with a custom spring (similar to our w123 conversion kit), but redesigning a new (stronger) spring was not feasible due to the narrow factory design/coil stacks and due to cost of the kit.

Does the oem SLS work good? Yes. However, in many cases my kit represents a segment of the market that doesn't want to shell out large amounts of money to fix the SLS system on a $1000-2500 vehicle and wants a less complicated suspension. The air shock system I sell works very well and can be replaced easily when worn out at only $179 shipped to the US.

Erik
slsconversion.com

Convert your SLS system!
Kits for the w123 and w124 vehicles