View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Registered SVO User

W123 won't go anywhere...sometimes

Hi all, so I have strange problem that I'm hoping someone might be able to help with. I have an 83 300DT that I recently took to a mechanic to have the ignition lock replaced because I couldn't turn the key anymore. When I got the car back, the door locks didn't work anymore, the engine wouldn't shut off after I removed the key (this happened intermittently) and occasionally the car doesn't have ANY power at all. When in gear, I can put the pedal to the floor but the car is extremely sluggish and barely moves at all. Sometimes it will move a bit but it's extremely slow going and then the turbo kicks in and it slams forward kinda hard. (the engine doesn't even rev up when in gear...however, when it's in park it does rev up.) To remedy this I just turn the car off and restart it and after a couple attempted starts it finally starts normal and then drives normal. This all sounds like a vacuum issue to me but when I took it back to the mechanic he said it was unrelated to what he worked on... Does this sound like anything obvious to anyone? Thanks for ANY info you might have... Dan