View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 11:14 AM
User title not in use

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate300d View Post
I Googled befor posting...several references. I do not know if it is my browser or what but I am not finding 'satire'. Not saying that it couldn't be, but just not showing. (scratching head)
...I did the same, and every "reference" that I can find points back to this article, thereby disqualifying it. If you go to the homepage of the site, you will see other headlines such as "Pope Benedict Comes Out as Gay", or "NASA Rover Finds Message From God on Mars", or "Ann Coulter Shoots Black Cat on Neighborhood Watch", or...

Also, clicking on the "About" link brings you to a page that begins like this:
Quote:
The Daily Currant is an English language online satirical newspaper that covers global politics, business, technology, entertainment, science, health and media. It is accessible from over 190 countries worldwide - now including South Sudan.

Our mission is to ridicule the timid ignorance which obstructs our progress, and promote intelligence - which presses forward.

Q. Are your news stories real?

A. No. Our stories are purely fictional. However they are meant to address real-world issues through satire and often refer and link to real events happening in the world
I guess what I'm saying is that checking the source would be a good idea, especially if you're not familiar with it, along with clicking on the Google search results to see what they are and who they reference.
"Senior Luna, your sense of humor is still loco... but we love it, anyway." -rickymay ____ "Your sense of humor is still loco... " -MBeige ____ "Señor Luna, your sense of humor is quite järjetön" -Delibes

1982 300SD -- 211k, Texas car, tranny issues ____ 1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."