View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Inna-propriate-da-vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhogan View Post
I remember a while back in gas stations. There was a different price (higher) if you paid with a credit card.

In my little mower side business, I charge $80 for a repair. Would it be illegal to charge $75 if they pay in cash? The income is fully reported on my schedule C either way (cash or check).

what do y'all think?
Think spud is on the right track, same charge for the same work, but the cash customer gets to skip out on additional service fees.

Not sure if I would post it in a sign... maybe tell people when they leave the machine that there are additional fees to cover the use of credit cards.
Pretty sure most people understand that the merchant is subject to extra fees, I mean, we all buy fuel....

For me, when I go into a small business, I volunteer right off the bat that I will be paying cash, and have no need for any receipt.
Most small business owners love that...

BTW... lemme know if you ever come across a Walker 42" GHS mower deck.... I'll pay cash.

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000

https://media.giphy.com/media/X3nnss8PAj5aU/giphy.gif