View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsinner111
I have a problem if its USA workers with plant closed because of Chinese plant.However it seems my information was err.I will now purchase Michelins as long as there not made in the South.
Poor workers here have no unions and are mistreaded.

Would you be kind enough to post evidence and provide examples of your above allegations? Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
I'm sorry I have to take issue with this oldsinner, but I can't let it go by without sharing what I know about Michelin plants in the South.

Michelin used to be a top customer of ours back in the hey day of my career. I've been in Michelin plants in the SouthEast, the Michelin engineering headquarters in France and quite a few times in a Michelin plant in Oklahoma.

I was not in the plants in the South East enough to get to know anyone there, but I got to know a number of people in the non union Michelin plant in Norman, Oklahoma. I have been in LOTS of different plants and each one has it's own personality like people do. Most plants, union or non union don't seem to have a happy work force. Michelin has a VERY happy work force. If these people feel down trodden in any way, I sure haven't been able to tell it.
Larry,
I find the espiritdecorps in the private sector alive and well.

However, not so much in this example:
The only down trodden factory workers I recall seeing in recent history in N. Texas are the GM Arlington, TX Government/union labor workers complaining on TV every so many years here. That, is a well-documented event by the media here. IIRC, they're pulling down on-average upwards of $60.00 an hour too!