View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerH860 View Post
I'm lusting after this beauty...

Chrysler : Imperial Crown Coupe in Chrysler | eBay Motors

Plan on calling to shake down the seller tomorrow, but with a car like this it really needs an impartial set of eyeballs. If its not mostly the original paint and has a laundry list I'm not really interested.

Anyone willing to check this car out for me?

Why are these so much cheaper than Rivieras, Eldorados, and Continentals? Looks fantastic, great motor, what gives? Only thing really letting the car down for me is no AC.
The relative value of these big sedans and coupes seem dramatically difference based on what was popular then, so how common, and what is popular now, as in how cool it might look to a current buyer.

This was rubbed in my face when I tried to sell my 1965 buick wildcat. Cool old cars, but a difference in trim and options equaled huge difference in apparent value.
I had the 4 door, 401 motor, and I couldn't give the thing away I discovered. If I had a two door, with the larger motor, I could have easily gotten 5+ grand for the condition mine was in, but I ultimately sold the car for 1500 bucks to a guy who loved wildcats. The coupe and sedan on that model are nearly identical look wise apart from the options, they are good looking cars and do have a following (despite being called the "mildcat" in their day ), but I was unlucky in my options to get big money.

This car you are looking at is more of an oddball, with a very high straight roof and relatively boring body lines, nothing agressive about it to appeal to the current buyer. I think its pretty interesting looking, but I doubt its that valuable. Id be curious what other engine options it might have, is this the largest engine? the fact that its a coupe is good, but I think 10 grand is pretty unrealistic.

I listed my buick 4 times on ebay, started at 4 grand, then 3, then 2, then again at 2 with no reserve, and no bids, and plenty of watchers. I even had the mag wheels with snarling cats on them, and complete paperwork. This chrysler doesn't have have much above stock, steel wheels and hubcaps, and I doubt it has a huge following. Id probably look into that before I decided to bid, is someone likely to buy this, or are you just wanting a big old car to cruise in?

I took a hit on my buick, but I loved that car, it was a great cruiser