View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI View Post
As I understand it, conservatives are convinced that the ACA Obamacare is a death knell to small business and "the no. 1 job killer." But how so?

1) Access to healthcare, without penalty for pre-existing and current conditions, means that fewer people will be dependent on their workplace health plan . . . possibly allowing them for the first time, to start their own small business.

2) Small business employers that provide health insurance are less likely to see their premiums skyrocket if one of their employees, or kids, has a catastrophic illness.

3) Employer tax credits

4) The 25% of small business owners who don't carry health insurance for themselves, for various reason, can also be insured.
The only advantage as I see it is for the fifty year old plus looking for a job. Before the ACA an employer might pass on some older applicants as not to throw their group into a more expensive group. The way I understand it is that the ACA act requires that the most a plan can charge is three times that of twenty seven year old in the same plan.