Thread: 1992 500e
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 08:12 PM

Exactly exactly how I feel about the 500E.

It definitely isn't the fastest street light racer. You could definitely feel the weight of the car.

I was driving my friend's 2000 BMW 323CI for the past few days. I must say the 323 had about as much punch off the line as the 500E and could probably give it a hard time in short-distance sprints..

However driving the 323CI just didn't have any of that special feel that the 500E does. Build quality namely. Maybe I'm just dreaming... but the 500E feels a lot more expensive inside (even my friend who knows nothing about cars felt the same)

The V-8 is definitely something. It has that lovely V-8 sound but not the rumble (don't like that kinda sound too much). It's smooth, and very powerful.

Once it moves (30+mph) the BMW would never catch up to the 500E... no way.. even without a G-Tech whatever I could definitely feel that 'push' a lot more in the 500E.

I also agree that it's almost like driving a 300E in the city (comfortable yet firm)

I have never driven a new AMG car... but I'd imagine they are just amazing...

again... I don't know why that car appeals to me so much but nothing will replace it right now as my dream 4-door sedan or in fact... it is my dream car.