View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 01:31 AM
fashion victim immunizer

Thumbs down small rant about another online parts seller

not sure how free we are to discuss competing sites even in open discussion, but we had a totally craaaappy experience with that site based in bellingham, washington. they were running a cyber monday sale today, 50% everything except used parts from 1pm until 4pm. well normally that site sells really overpriced stuff, or charges full retail for lower quality items (meyle, uro, etc.) their manuals are great, but i digress. my friends needed a hard to find part, and they had it, at a very inflated price but today at 50% it was affordable.
they got through the entire ordering process and were told at the end that theyd "already sold too many parts at a discount today" and wouldn't honor the sale, but of course they could buy the part at FULL price! they didn't even offer a lesser % off, like 30% or 25%. this wasn't even right at 4pm either, more like 3pm. they quickly took down all references to the sale. very shady and i feel terrible because i specifically recommended them to my friends, who almost got totally screwed. its not like a part was mispriced and they chose not to sell it at that price. it was an advertised sale (very hastily advertised too, only about an hour before it went live). never gonna buy anything from there again. blah.