View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueljmullen View Post
I have read a lot on this website and this is my first time posting. I really appreciate all the useful information out there So this is my problem. What happened is I moved to Cali, towed my car behind a uhaul truck. After I got here, it started leaking fuel. I read up extensively on the problem and bought new o-rings and crusher seals. I changed them out and sure enough the o-rings were brittle and dry. Since I had just moved here I didn't have a lot of money so I couldn't get a torque wrench. I hand tightened it, I wanted to make sure it was a snug fit. Now I know I tightened it too much. I put everything back together and the small fuel leak turned into a lot of fuel pouring out the bottom of the car. I then removed everything on top so I could see where it was leaking and had my girlfriend turn over the engine. I could see fuel coming from the base of the valves. Is this IP toast? Can I rebuild it if it is? I read somewhere that if you overtighten you have a chance of warping the body. When I tightened it, two of the valves popped from overtightening. I retightened it again, but just before they popped again. Should I remove the valves and try everything again (this time with a torque wrench) or am I wasting my time and should get a new ip. I'll hate myself if I can't fix this Thanks in advance for replying! Happy Holidays as well.
This is a link and pictorial on how to do the job. Pay particular attention to the torque specs. Good luck!!

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/211801-om606-engine-w210-e300d-td-delivery-valve-seals.html