View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Not so amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstech View Post
this is good to know. I assume the hubcaps will not fit while mounted on the W123... I guess the steel is thin enough to clear the tie rod mount on the 123... but I thought it would hit the rubber... interesting.
I also wonder if the C class wheel would fit? all c class cars come with a steel spare, and matching lugs... maybe hunt one down and try it?
That is a good idea, I will see if I can sometime. There should be lots of C-class rims around. That being said, we have virtually no Mercedes in pick and pulls here, so it's a hugely hit and miss deal.

I seem to remember seeing pics on one of the Facebook groups of a guy with C-class alloys on his w123, which surprised me.

I did not really believe the w124 rims would work until I tried them in my driveway.

I purchased the steelies and tires from a friend who used to work for an Audi dealer, who 'rescued' them from a w124 taken on trade... no hubcaps with. Our cars look so bad around here all winter, from salt/slush/roadspray, that lots of people just run the steelies bare anyway, doesn't make the cars look any worse.

Mac
2002 e320 4matic estate│1985 300d│1980 300td
Previous: 1979 & 1982 & 1983 300sd │ 1982 240d

“Let's take a drive into the middle of nowhere with a packet of Marlboro lights and talk about our lives.” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22