View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 07:33 PM

Exclamation Revival: Resistor-vs. Non-Resistor

So There is a continued debate about reisitor spark plugs vs non-resistor spark plugs. In MB engines that are equipped with non-resistor plugs from the factory many have said not to use resistor plugs. I have always used non-resistor plugs because I was afraid of getting a rough idle and stalling, etc., etc. Well after changing my O2 sensor yesterday, I bought 6- HR9DC (resistor) spark plugs and put them in. I have not noticed any weird idling or stuttering at all. I know this is all a matter of opinion, but I now know that I can safely order my plugs online instead of being raped at the dealership. Also, with the spark plug wires, does anyone know why MB combined Bosch boots with Beru wires? I saw a 92 190E at the junk yard and took a few photos of the wires. The boot is Bosch, but the wire is Beru. They are all original and even have the MB star logo on them.
Attached Thumbnails
Spark Plugs: Resistor vs. Non-Resistor-imag1423.jpg   Spark Plugs: Resistor vs. Non-Resistor-imag1424.jpg   Spark Plugs: Resistor vs. Non-Resistor-imag1425.jpg   Spark Plugs: Resistor vs. Non-Resistor-imag1426.jpg  

1990 190E 3.0L